25.10.05

Rosa Parks still has something to teach us











Rosa Parks individual action resulted in everyday freedoms being afforded to many. We take those freedoms for granted today, but the most important lesson she can teach us is that individuals CAN make a difference.


Civil disobedience is necessary behaviour when the representative government in a democratic nation no longer represents the citizens, nor acts democratically.


"People always say that I didn’t give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn’t true.
I was not tired physically, or no more tired than I usually was at the end of a working day.
I was not old, although some people have an image of me as being old then. I was 42.
No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in."

Rosa Parks 1913 - 2005





Impeaching George Bush would be neither disobediant, nor illegal. All it takes is determined action through the systems laid out for just such a situation wherein the President of the United States is not fit to serve the office.


Now is such a time. It is long overdue and while citizens of the US allow him to remain in power, the world suffers.


Impeach GWB.


The picture and quote come via MickeyZ

No comments: